IT Support Specialist (Level 1)
This position requires an independent, mature, energetic, enthusiastic hard worker who can maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. The applicant should have a high-technical aptitude and be detail-oriented. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are a must. Must be able to take direction from team leads and follow escalation procedures when appropriate. Position will require lifting 50-lbs, climbing stairs and ladders, and carrying equipment. Candidate must be customer-oriented with high regard for providing excellent customer service and demonstrate the ability to diffuse potentially stressful situations, conduct all business matters in a professional manner, possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License, have own transportation with proof of vehicle’s insurance, mobile phone, and be able to work independently.
JK Technology Solutions is a Chicago-based Managed Services Provider who services a wide-range of businesses. Daily tasks include phone and remote support, alert monitoring response and resolutions, entering incidents into IT specific ticketing system.
- Standard work week will be 40 – 50 hours per week.
- Some after hours and weekend work per customer requirements.
- Up to 25% Local Travel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive and provide own transportation.
- Candidate will work as Helpdesk Technician and/or Onsite
- Technician per customer requirements.
- Active directory account management.
- Configuring, Deploying, and Troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Configuring, and troubleshooting macOS.
- Configuring and managing File Shares, NTFS file permissions, security groups, and users.
- Office 365 Administration
- Configuring, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010 -2019
- Installing and Troubleshooting Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and all Adobe Creative cloud programs
- Familiarity with Group Policy.
- Vendor Hardware Support: Dell, HP, Aruba, Cisco, SonicWall, Ubiquiti.
- SolarWinds N-Central (N-Able), Autotask, IT Glue, and Roar.
Job type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year