IT Support Engineer (Level 2)
The following position requires an independent, mature, energetic, enthusiastic hard worker who can maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. The applicant should have a high-technical aptitude and be detail-oriented. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are a must. Must be able to take direction from team leads and follow escalation procedures when appropriate. Position will require lifting 50-lbs, climbing stairs and ladders, and carrying equipment. Candidate must be customer-oriented with high regard for providing excellent customer service and demonstrate the ability to diffuse potentially stressful situations, conduct all business matters in a professional manner, possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License, have own transportation with proof of vehicle’s insurance, mobile phone, and be able to work independently.
JK Technology Solutions is a Chicago-based Managed Services Provider who services a wide-range of businesses. Daily tasks include phone and remote support, alert monitoring response and resolutions, entering incidents into IT specific ticketing system.
- Standard work week will be 40 – 50 hours per week.
- Some after hours and weekend work per customer requirements.
- 75% Local Travel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive and provide own transportation.
- Candidate will work as Helpdesk Technician and/or Onsite Technician per customer requirements
- Configuring, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Configuring, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 Standard.
- Configuring, and Troubleshooting macOS Yomosite – Big Sur.
- Configuring, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and other server Roles and Features.
- Configuring and managing File Shares, NTFS file permissions, security groups, and users.
- Office 365 Administration
- Configuring, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010 -2019
- Installing and Troubleshooting Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and all Adobe Creative cloud programs.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- IT Document Management Platforms
- IT Ticketing Systems
- Hardware Support for Firewalls, Routers, Security Appliances, Switches, Wireless Controllers, and Wireless Access Points.
- CAT5 and CAT6 Wiring and termination.
- SQL Server Configuration, Installation and Management\Maintenance.
- Microsoft Visio Expierence
- Vendor Hardware Support: Dell, HP, Aruba, Cisco, SonicWall, Ubiquiti.
- SolarWinds N-Central(N-Able), Autotask, IT Glue, and Roar.
Job type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year