Helpdesk/Onsite Support Tech
Bonita Springs, FL
Founded in 2002, JK Technology Solutions primarily focuses on help desk support and Managed Services for SMB all the way up to Enterprise customers. The Lockport office supports consumers with “walk-in” service requests and help desk support for its commercial clients. Consumers bring in computers to be repaired and updated. Consists of backing up and reinstalling Windows and all applications, troubleshooting hardware issues, and virus removal. Applicant should be comfortable dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis.
- HelpDesk is open Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
- Schedule will be 3 to 4 days a week working Help Desk and 1 to 2 days a week working Onsite Support (must have reliable transportation).
- This position is for our Bonita Springs, Florida location.
- 50% to 75% local travel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- The candidate will work as an Onsite/Remote Technician/Project Team member per customer requirements.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Taking calls and creating tickets.
- Troubleshooting all aspects of the computer.
- Diagnosing software issues at the OS level.
- Installing software per customer needs. IE. QuickBooks, AutoCAD, Photoshop, and other non-standard programs.
- Creating users in Active directory and Office 365.
- Creating folder shares with Security groups.
- Troubleshooting share and NTFS permissions.
- Creating and managing GPOs.
- Managing Print Servers.
- Complex network troubleshooting.
- Prioritizing tasks efficiently.
- Providing good Communication to the customer about the status of their ticket.
- Providing completed documentation.
- Problem-solving issues that are unfamiliar.
- Advise customers on recommended solutions/products to an issue.
- Serve as a main technical contact on projects for end customer.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Ensure all work is logged for the entire workday in the ticketing system.
Additional skills needed:
- Configuring, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems.
- Configuring, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 Standard.
- Configuring, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS, Hyper-V and other Server Roles and Features.
- Configuring and Managing File Shares, NTFS file permissions, security groups, and users.
- Configure and manage the Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Azure Environment.
- Configure, Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Office products.
- Configure, Install, Maintain and Troubleshoot company networks and associated hardware.
- Low-Voltage Cabling, with basic understanding of cable and wire management.
- Hardware Support for all types of on-premises equipment (Servers, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, etc.).
- Desktop and Laptop Operating Systems
- Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10
- Some Linux
- Microsoft Office 2003-2019
- File sharing and user permissions
- Adobe Acrobat
- Norton, McAfee, AVG, Malware Bytes, ADW Cleaner, HitManPro
- Hardware Experience
- MAC/Apple/iPad and iPhone
- Replace laptop screens
- Experience with Help Desk Software Preferred
- SolarWinds N-Central, MSP Manager
- Ticketing Systems
- IT Document Management Platforms
NOTE: Training will be held in our Lockport, IL offices. This is paid training.
Job type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8/9 hour shifts
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bonita Springs, FL 34134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- computer skills: 5 years (Preferred)