IT Support Lead Specialist – Hardware Specialist (Level-2)
Founded in 2002, JK Consulting primarily focuses on help desk support and Managed Services for SMB all the way up Enterprise customers. The Lockport office supports consumers with “walk-in” service requests and help desk support for its commercial clients. Consumers bring in computers to be repaired and updated. Consists of backing up and reinstalling Windows and all applications, troubleshooting hardware issues and virus removal. Applicant should be comfortable dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis.
You will be responsible for the following.
- Checking in and out computers.
- Processing credit cards, cash and checks.
- Troubleshooting all aspects of the computer and replacing any component.
- Building custom computers from each individual component selected by the tech or brought in from the customer.
- Diagnosing software issues at the OS level.
- Installing software per customer needs. IE. Quickbooks, Autocad, Photoshop and other non-standard programs
- Performing baseline computer configurations per customer needs and creating an image.
- Understanding the basics of Active directory and Office 365.
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Prioritizing tasks efficiently.
- Providing good Communication to the customer about the status of their computer.
- Providing completed documentation.
- Soldering DC jacks to motherboards.
- Providing training and guidance to other shop techs.
- Problem solving issues that are unfamiliar.
Additional skills needed
- Desktop and Laptop Operating Systems
- Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10
- Some Linux
- Microsoft Office 2003-2019
- File sharing and user permissions
- Adobe Acrobat
- Norton, McAfee, AVG, Malware Bytes, ADW Cleaner, HitManPro
- Hardware Experience
- MAC/Apple/iPad and iPhone
- Replace laptop screens
- Experience with Help Desk Software Preferred
- SolarWinds N-Central, MSP Manager
- Ticketing Systems
- IT Document Management Platforms
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lockport, IL 60441: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Computer Hardware: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mobile Device Hardware: 5 years (Preferred)
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location